Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Windy, Rainy but fun!

I broke my rules that I swear would not be broken going forward. I ran outside this morning, and had a BLAST! Seriously, going forward I can say that I ran 5 miles during the flood of 2010! Credit needs to be given to Erin for meeting us, there is no way I would have gotten Joe out of bed on my own. Heading out the door, I tried to jump puddles for about 5 mins before hitting on square on. The feet are soaked, lets keep moving! Heading up Charles St, I would have benefited from goggles. No joke, I had a hard time keeping my eyes open with all the water. It wasn’t long before an oncoming car forced us onto the shoulder, squeals and laughter from all when the water line rose about our shoes. Not only was it POURING, but it was pitch black so judging depth of the puddles was nearly impossible. Running down Woodward we could see that the park was more like a lake. The fun and games continues until we turned back onto Charles for the last mile, straight into the wind. This part sucked, the feet were moving but I wasn’t going forward. The wind was brutal and the added weight of wet shoes and socks was taking a toll. It was over before we gave up and would have had to swim home. Please note that had we waited and run tonight it would have been dry, but I can’t help but wonder if we would have enjoyed it as much…

Miles trained today: 5

Days till Chicago: 193

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 130

No comments: