Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April Recap

30 Days in April

122 Miles logged over 19 days

Average run of 6.42

No races and no injuries, but lots of illness

So I had a better month even with all the illness. Mentally I’m refocused and happy to be running. Physically I am feeling good, even with 2 weeks of illness. My mileage has made it into the 40’s. No I didn’t get the 15 miler in, but that’s ok. My mindset must be the biggest change; I’m not rushing to get the miles in. If I need a day I take a day. If it takes 2 weeks longer than expected that’s ok too. Going forward I need to keep this going, it’s the squeezing the miles in that really kills me. So what’s on tap for May? 41 miles this week, 43 miles after that, 46 miles after that and then VACATION and an easy-peasy week. Long runs? I don’t know, maybe that elusive 15 or 16 miler….

Miles trained today: 7.5

Days till the Harvard Pilgrim 10K: 61

Beach 2 Beacon: 95

Chicago: 159

No comments: