Monday, May 31, 2010

Back to track, back to reality

What a way to end vacation, a 7am track workout. I went only because this morning was in the low 60’s and Wed night is going to be in the 80’s. That and I have a persistent friend. The workout didn’t sound terrible, 800m followed by 2x 400m. I was a little nervous, my usual pack of runners wasn’t there. Would I be able to pace myself? The first 800 was 4:02, a good 15 seconds faster than I had aimed for. This was either very good or very bad. If I just went out too fast then this was going to hurt come the 3rd repeat. The next 2 400’s were at 1:55 on the dot. Still feeling ok. The next 2 repeats were right on the money in terms of pace and although I was working hard I wasn’t dying. Today starts phase II of marathon training and it was a nice solid day 1. I’m sure the week of recovery I’m coming off of helped with today’s workout. 3 more weeks till another recovery, but 10 days till the next track workout!! YAHOO!!

Miles trained today: 4.5

Countdown to resume later this week!

No comments: