Saturday, November 12, 2011

You really don't want to run?!?

When Joe decided he wanted to stay home with the kid this morning while I went for a run I had to contain my enthusiasm so he wouldn't feel badly. Finally a run completely alone. Not with the jogger, not with him trailing behind with the jogger, just me alone. I lived on the edge and ran an old route that isn't jogger friendly and enjoyed every moment. I ran with my music on full volume and didn't care where the sun was or how hard the wind was blowing. Don't get me wrong it would have been nice to have Joe there but I certainly didn't miss the jogger, it's unwieldy and when the kid is around it's too distracting. The cross training is paying off as this run felt very smooth, it was a confidence booster after a few rocky runs this week. I'm still having trouble with a side stitch that seems to have come out of the blue, I wonder if it has anything to do with the colder air. It was better today so I'm less concerned.

Miles run today: 6

No comments: