Thursday, June 14, 2012

You never know how it's going to go down.

So after a year of this, you'd think I'd be used to not getting done what was planned.  The kid plays games with me, he goes along and watches me get cocky then throws me a curve ball.  Today was one of those days.  He'd been napping like a champ for a while now, so when I put him down this morning I fully expected to get in my trainer workout.  After 20 minutes of listening him call for management I realized that this wasn't going to happen.  I started to freak a little, but decided to just grab him and take off for a run.  We got in a nice 3 miles and had little arguing about it.  Lets fast forward through the terrible afternoon that consisted of 2 hours at the pediatrician's office, 1 finger stick, 4 shots, 1 visit to the lab and 60 minutes of tears and to when he thankfully fell asleep.  I took a few minutes to gather myself, it was traumatic for all involved.  When I ran out of things to waste time on I took a gamble and got back on the trainer.  Surprisingly I got through that workout, a shower and this blog post...maybe I should have focused on yard work instead.  So regardless of how it happened I got it all in today and the bonus is tonight I can drink wine and not worry about having to finish that workout when we get home!

Trained 1:20 on the trainer and ran for 3 miles.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Way to be flexible! I think the creativity involved with managing your time and an unpredictable little one is harder than the workout itself!