Monday, January 14, 2013

Just going to enjoy it

As I was out for a run this morning in shorts and a t-shirt again, I had all these thoughts about how this weather is simply not right.  I went on and on in my head about how it's strange and we should be concerned and not enjoying it.  Mad that new transplants to New England hadn't really experienced winter!  Partially worried that if we don't get a real winter soon my kid is going to grow up weak and unable to cope with the cold and gray snow that arrives in Jan and stays til April.  Those thoughts faded throughout the day as the kid and I enjoyed time at the park, followed by several trips around the block on his new bike.  Post nap we doodled with chalk in the driveway and I realized that I should shut up and just enjoy it.  I have a toddler who believes that he is not only deathly allergic to beach sand but to mittens as well...meaning that not only is the beach tough to deal with but traditional New England winter temps are equally as punishing.  In addition since I've sworn off winter running and these temps are the only reason I'm off the dreadmill so I'll stop questioning it or even thinking about complaining about the weather.

Ran 3.2 miles today

No comments: