Friday, January 4, 2013

No dairy?

Pardon me while I go on a nutritional rant.  So I gave up mean last March-ish, Forks over Knives was my motivating factor and it's not been a big deal.  I worried about the impact it might have on training and realized quickly that the whole protein question is really a non-issue.  Things were going swimmingly until my acupuncturist suggested eliminating dairy as a means to treat a variety of symptoms I've been seeing him for.  Really?  Dairy?  You can't be serious?  Including brie?  I can do without milk, even eggs for the most part but cheese?  So I've been experimenting with his suggestion and hate to admit that he's correct.  Skipping out on dairy has made a difference in my life.  It's not a resolution but with the holidays past us and fondu already consumed it's time to give this a bit more thought and maybe put a little energy into practicing it on a routine basis.  Eating at home isn't tough, since I do most of the cooking I can control what goes into our meals.  Eating out is a pain, it's almost not worth it, unless I'm picky about where we go.  And forget about eating at someone else's home!  Part of me feels like life is complicated enough with the kid, family, work, life, running, etcetera that I don't need to add this layer.  But if it means skipping out on a prescription it might be worth the effort.  So why whine about this on my running blog?  Because it's what I thought about during my 6 mile long run today.

Ran 6 miles today

No comments: