Monday, March 25, 2013

29 degrees

I'm ancy for real spring weather as most of us are at this point, my garden has been cleared and is ready for some plants!!  Yesterday I got a taste of it, almost 50 and sunny allowing for a comfortable run around Lincoln Woods sans gloves, hat and long pants.  Motivated by that I renewed my effort to get outdoors and focus more on morning workouts so I texted Jeff.  Misery loves company and I'm always less likely to flake when there is someone waiting.  Plans were set for 6am, I was ready.  Til I crawled out of bed and saw that it was 29 and not anywhere near 50.  Damn it!  There were a few moments where I thought about sending a cancellation text but no no I had to go.  And with all that whining it wasn't that bad.  Gloves came off at some point and I could have done with 1 less layer.  Conversing about marathon training, yes I said marathon training (more on that later), made the miles tick by.  I will say the legs didn't feel too bad following the hills from yesterday.  The other thing that's happening is that I'm making a real effort to change my eating habits, so followed up today's run with a chia fresca (lemon, coconut water, table spoon of chai seeds) and avocado and veggie sausage sandwich (eziekal muffin, earth balance, avocado, kale, Morning Star veggie sausage patty and veg cheese).  Currently waiting on my hearts of palm salad with beans, corn, avocado (also featuring spinach, red onion, bell peppers and a cashew/parlsey/citrus dressing)!!  Yum-O!

Ran 4 miles today.

1 comment:

Jose said...

Marathon training?? Nice!!