Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mission accomplished!

20 miles run this week, all outdoors in the morning...including a yoga class and a track workout!  Bring it Spring!  I did get fouled up on Friday.  I think the kid might have access to the blog, he can't count past 3 but somehow caught on to that I was bragging about his ability to sleep through the night.  As a lesson, he ensured that we had some quality time post 1am on Thursday into Friday and as a result I bailed on my 6:30am run.  Leaving it to today which was already booked with a yoga class.  What to do?  Run to yoga!  A quick 4 miles later I was on my mat with my legs screaming at me.  Fast forward to now and all workouts are complete, lunch is in the belly, and the kid is napping so I'll call it a win!  What about next week??   I'm going to call for more of the same with a long run of 7ish.  I'm also starting to debate my schedule, currently I'm running longer on Sunday's and am wondering if I should switch this Saturday's.  The benefit to Saturday's is more people to run with, the downfall is that Saturday includes some nice family time that doesn't easily transfer to Sunday's.  A few more weeks and we can hit the farmer's market after breakfast and then go on with our day.  It would be nice to run with some other people but with pace and distance all accounted for I'm running solo anyways so why not do it on the day that is most convient for us?  Ah, the problems of runners :)

Food you ask?  Lets see, I emptied the fridge this morning with a tofu scramble that included some diced tomatoes, nutritional yeast and dairy less cheese.  Leftovers were had for lunch.  Not sure what dinner will bring, might be nice enough to grill!  Last night I discovered the vegan pizza from Pizza Gourmet and devoured it!!!  Headed outside next with my trusty chia fresca with coconut water.

Ran 4 miles today.

No comments: