Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oh Hi, It's me. I'm back

Blog neglect...guilty as charged.  Sorry!  Between illness, work and travel I forgot, and while I'm fessing up I have no idea where my training is at.  Again, see above excuses.  I don't know how you people with kids and day jobs do it?!?!  I'm working at getting back to early morning workouts and it's been a slow transition.  Today I was up at 4ish and running before 5 but that was because Baby Watch 2013 was driving me crazy, waiting for news that I'm an Auntie again! So what's the plan?  I'm aiming for 24/25ish miles this week.  Even with my blog neglect and not knowing when to run, I've been able to keep my miles in the low 20's.  Not anything to brag about but enough to keep the fitness from completely disappearing.  Outdoor track starts again next week and in keeping with my morning plan, I think I'll catch up with them next Thursday.

I do feel the need to share my crazy running in Mexico story, we were staying on this resort in Cancun and had planned to keep up with the running.  Headed out on Thursday and ran around the resort taking in the locations of all bars.  Got in a decent 4 miles and found our motivation to keep running in the 80 degree weather by viewing our fellow resort guests sprawled around the pool.  Friday was more of the same and it was starting to get old.  So Sat we head out and decide to run on the beach.  The resort was huge, and less built up if we ran right out of the resort and down the beach.  Got about a mile til we ran by a little hut on stilts with a crabby man holding a machine gun.  Mind you, we were on the beach.  There was NOTHING other than some shore birds, no warning signs either I might add!!  I have no idea what he was waiting for, but I can tell you that our mile back to the resort was a little quicker than the mile out to the watch tower.  Happy to be home where my biggest worry is confusing the paper boy for an early morning threat!

Ran 4 miles today

No comments: