Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week 2 of track

I made it out of bed and to my 2nd consecutive track workout.  1 mile warm up followed by this weird mile where we ran a hard 400 (jogged 100), hard 300 (jogged 200), hard 200 (jogged 300) hard 100.  Doesn't sound that bad...it kicked my ass.  My times were all over the place 8:27, 8:48, 8:41.  Part of my problem was breathing, I'm recovering from a sinus thing so at one point was drowning in my own junk.  Regardless I pulled my ass out of bed for 5:30 and made it there and suffered through the entire workout.  This week I've rejoined the land of the employed-full-time and suddenly find myself with no time for anything.  I feel like the time I have with the kid is very rushed, either rushing to get to daycare/school or rushing home for the dinner/bedtime routine.  I know this must become manageable at some point, most people do it. But the transition has me a bit harried.  My runs have all been pushed to the 6am hour in an attempt to not take away from kiddo time but then I'm ready for bed at 9 and the husband is looking at me funny wondering what happened to our 11pm bedtime.  GAH!  It's too much!!!  Oh and toss in friends and family who need face time and I could run away!!!  Enough, we'll call today a win and move forward.  Next up is an easy 4 miles with Jeff tomorrow am.

Ran 4 miles today

No comments: