Sunday, April 28, 2013

chugging along

Approx 168 days til the Newport Marathon.  I'm getting more comfortable with the idea of running it, but it's far enough away for me to loose interest and fall off track.  Lets review what's working:
1.  6:30am runs during the week - nothing better than forgetting that you have already run.  The issue with these runs is that I really don't have time to run longer - this might be a problem later this summer.  Yes I could start earlier but then they slowly become more of a hassle and I start to "forget" to run.
2.  6:00am track on Thursdays.  I've found a little group to run with and it helps to keep it challenging while also not totally sucking.  And also has that it's so early I have a hard time remembering that it really happened appeal.
3.  Sunday early morning long run - A start time of 6:30/7 allows me to run long and then do family stuff like walking around the zoo for 3 hours (misery by the way, total misery).  It also helps that Jeff has gotten out of bed to join me, misery loves company.
So what's not working?
1.  My toe hurts.  Hurts to the point where earlier this week I thought about getting it checked out and then realized that I don't have time for that so bi-weekly acupuncture is it.  Recommendation years ago had been surgery and I've ignored and will continue to ignore that recommendation.
2.  I miss running with Joe.  I just want him to run this race with me and it's not going to happen for a variety of reasons.  He'll be there cheering and is totally down to discuss pace over and over again with coffee after a long run, but he's not going out there with me and it kind of sucks.

That said more is going right than wrong so I'm still on track.

Ran 9 miles today.


1 comment:

Jose said...

168 days will fly by.

I hear ya about doing family stuff after a long run.... sucks! I'd rather take a long nap!!

Stay on track. Before you know it, you'll be a week away from marathon day.