Thursday, April 11, 2013

Worm massacre

I learned today that worms can't breathe in the dirt after heavy rain and so to escape they run to dry ground (ie: the track).  Too bad for those that ended up on the Brown track this am, I'm not sure very many survived the 6am workout.  During my last 800 I was a bit grossed out by how many mashed worms littered the track.  I'll try to explain the workout, but for my simple not math minded mind I'm not sure how well I'll do.  Start with a straight mile (8:10 pace), followed by a 1 lap jog.  2nd mile was 3 laps hard, 200m jog and 1 lap hard (7:58 pace) followed by a 1 lap jog.  Last mile was 2x800 with a 200m jog in between (7:11 pace).  Yep, I typed 7:11 pace for that last mile.  Pretty pleased with myself.  I'm sitting at my desk now ready to snooze and unfortunately have a whole day booked ahead of me.  Food is going well.  Peanutbutter oats went in this morning post shower and a coffee is on it's way down the hatch.  Water, water, water.  Dinner is fridge left overs...some back bean soup and broccoli with some kind of sauce and whatever else I find in there later on.  Lunch is a salad with black beans, avocado, corn, hearts of palm with a seasame dressing.  I also have these AMAZING bars that we've grown addicted to.  I'll post the recipe later on if I remember b/c they are that good.

No comments: