Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cardio sucks

If it wasn't for all the medals hung throughout my house, I would argue that today felt like I've never done a cardio workout in my life. For the first time in months I hopped on the elliptical and thought I was going to die. It's all an effort to send a message to this kid that it's days are numbered and I'm ready to spend some time with an empty abdominal cavity. We are close. My freezer is FULL of frozen meals I've been stock piling since late summer. Furniture has been purchased and delivered. Construction (well outside of the never ending DIY home office) is complete. Weird areas of my house are clean. Hear all that #2?!?! It's time to make your grand appearance, get out of my belly! So in an effort to continue to make things uncomfortable for this kid I hauled myself to the gym after a terrible 4 hours of broken sleep and climbed onto an elliptical machine. It took all of 2 minutes for me to miss the pool and the weightlessness I've taken for granted during those workouts. Stuck with it though and got in a solid 35 minutes at what likely appeared to others at a leisurely pace but to me felt like an all out sprint. Pool and Fitness in the Park tomorrow and I'll be back on the elliptical this weekend. That is unless I'm at the hospital :) Wishful thinking, I know, but gotta stay positive here.

No comments: