Sunday, August 3, 2014

200 YTT...here goes nothing

I'm gearing up for my 200 hour teacher training program at Wayland Square Power Yoga. I feel like this has been something on the to do list for a number of years and the fact that it's finally going to come to fruition is a little wild. There have been any number of reasons why I didn't do it sooner and the story as to how I ended up with this program is one for another day. Regardless, here I sit with a month to go and a world of doubts. I mean really, I signed up for a program that requires my total attention 8 full weekends over 14 weeks while trying to manage 2 small kids?? We are the definition of a hot mess at our house, all of us! So then why am I doing this? For the last year and a half I've been introducing yoga to kids and love it. This certification will allow me to continue with this work and also expand to working adults and older adolescents. Going in and introducing kids who have never experienced yoga and watching it click for them is something else. Listening to them tell me that they taught their parents and siblings the breathing exercises is really what this is all about. Seeing kids develop a healthy sense of self and grow in confidence week to week gives me a sense of fulfillment that is hard to find elsewhere in the professional world. Most importantly I'm at a crazy time in my own life. I need yoga now more than ever, the quiet, the focus, the clarity, all of it. So I can't do handstand and my sandskrit pronunciation is laughable at best but yoga is about expanding personal boundaries and testing limits so here goes nothing.

No comments: