Friday, August 22, 2014

Who has time for this??

Blog? Oh that's right, once upon a time I blogged with a bit more regularity. My excuse? There is the baby who is up like clockwork at 5:30am, really 4:30 but I refuse to go in that early. I lay there and pretend to sleep until she threatens to wake up the boy then I scoot as fast as possible to scoop her up and silence the alarm. Then there is the boy. Oh the boy. Lets just say that nursery school starts in 2 weeks and it can't come soon enough. I love him, I really do, but we need some space...time to miss each other. Joking aside, life is a whirlwind. I can't tell you if I'm coming or going. Every week starts and I wonder how we will survive and then before I know it we are celebrating suriving yet another week. My sense is this is life now and we just have to get used to it. Running? Yes, I'm running. It varies week to week, no training plan but I aim for 3 week day runs and usually hit them all with distances in the 4-6 mile range. Add to that a weekend "long run" which has been anything btw 5-7 miles. I should go longer but need beach season to end. Um, also we are owed a round of applause. Not only am I runing with pretty good regularity but Joe is getting out there as well. Yes, you read it right...2 kids and we are both running! Difficult feat but we are pleased with some small tangible baby steps. What's that? When am I going to come up with a training plan for that spring marathon I keep hinting about? Patience please, I need to get in a few 10 milers before I feel like I can commit. Yoga is going strong, 3ish classes a week. 2 weeks before that training takes over my life and I think I'm underestimating the impact it will have. Ignorance is bliss right? Ran 3.5 miles today

No comments: