Saturday, December 26, 2009

Flexibility and patience

This is my new training terms, flexibility and patience.  In the sense that my training models are a guide and not law.  I will no longer always focus on getting that last 10th of a mile in.  I will no longer fret all week about where I am in terms of my mileage goals.  If I get there great, if not lets look at why not and move on.  This week has been a perfect example of that, I am aiming for 25 miles for the week.  Had planned for a long run on 10 on Friday, we got up late and that didn't happen.  New plan, long run on 10 on Saturday, we only went 3.5.  Old me: time to freak!  New me: no problem, we'll aim for 6-7 for tomorrow and move on.  The more I stress about this the more of a chore it becomes.  I will get there, it will take me longer than those who have been running for years, but I'll get there.  Being patient and flexible with the plan will allow me to enjoy the process and hopefully result in a higher likely hood of achieving the goal.  Please remind me of this in a few weeks when I start to regress!

Miles trained today: 3.5
Days till the Manhattan Half: 29

No comments: