Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The sights made it worth it

For some reason our alarm is set to disney radio, meaning that at 5am I was jolted awake to a very loud Miley Cirus.  All I wanted to do was bury my head under the pillow, but up I got.  32 degrees, when we started, in a few weeks this will feel warm.  Today it was FREEZING!  Once we hit the roads things were moving slowly.  Joe was a few steps ahead of me and we were quiet.  I'm not sure we spoke a work to each other for the first 2.5 miles.  I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings and can't recall what thoughts were going through my mind.  Just focused on getting one foot in front of the other and getting back home.  When we took a right onto North Main St, this is my favorite part of this route (both our 5 and 7 mile loops).  The road is very wide and during the day very busy, but in the morning it is quite.  There always seem to be a few cars on the road, but the city is still quiet.  Typically my pace picks up, I love to run on the wide shoulder.  At about the 2.5 mile mark I looked to my right and noticed the moon, it was gorgeous.  Very large and very yellow with some smoky clouds.  Just as I was noticing it, Joe turned to point it out.  Had I chosen to turn off Miley and got back to bed I would have missed the entire experience.  It was just enough to get me through the last few miles and back to my warm house.  

Miles trained today: 5.3
Days till the Manhattan Half: 54

No comments: