Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How bad do I want this?

To stay motivated during the winter months and not turn to an over abundance of cross training there has to be a desire to run.  Today my schedule got mucked up, we didin't get out there this morning and then my afternoon got screwed up with timing and traffic and messy roads.  It was treadmill or nothing.  Do I want this?   Todays run alone means nothing, it is only when it is combined with all of the other runs that it means something.  One run will not help with my goals, but all my runs will get me closer.  I needed today's run, there was no way around it.  I have 3 weeks of steadily increasing mileage ahead of me.  No one is telling me to do this, the only one counting the miles is me.  I am also the only one who will really care come race day what the numbers say.  Today I wanted it bad enough to run 4 miles in my basement on a treadmill.  

Miles trained today: 4
Days until the Manhattan Half: 33 days

No comments: