Friday, July 15, 2011

Accepting reality

So after my downer of a run earlier this week, I can't say I was looking forward to getting back out there. This morning I ran out of excuses and the kid cooperated so that both Joe and I were able to run (separately of course). My first few steps were taken tenderly and I almost turned back before even hitting the main road. I had a different play list going today and got lost in a song before I was able to make the decision to turn back. Since running 3 miles straight is an exercise in futility and just causing me to get annoyed I decided to run to the lights. There are 3 stop lights on my route (really 4 but I'm only counting 3), I figured if I could make it to each light I would reward myself with 90 seconds of guilt free walking. Overall a successful strategy, I finished my run faster than earlier this week and in a better mood. I hope this is a temporary solution but for now I finished my run smiling (not really but I'm pleased that I did it and it's done).

Miles run today: 3

No comments: