Saturday, July 30, 2011

An old friend

As I was scurrying off to my run this morning, I was looking around for my headphones and found my Garmin. It was at the bottom of the pit that sits between the front seats of my car. The bottom of the pit is usually a deathtrap for anything that gets stuck down there for too long. I'm not sure what makes it so sticky and gross in there but it's pretty nasty. I grabbed my Garmin without thinking much and turned it on as I pulled away from the house, never expecting it to work. Low and behold when I finally made it to The Edge the Garmin was on and working. Up till now I've been reluctant to time my runs, but off I went with it strapped to my wrist. It was helpful in terms of measuring my run and where to turn around. It was also somewhat helpful to see that I am indeed tragically slow. What I really needed it to do though was morph into a babysitter so that I could have run with Joe instead.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: