Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What was that about accepting reality?

So it wasn't the glorious return I had in my head but I went back to track tonight. The plan had been to go for 6am, but the kid was up at 4am rather than 5am and there was no way I was starting my day at 4am. Getting ready tonight I realized rather quickly that my hormones are still out of whack when I was having a melt down about what to wear. It was a modified workout at a pace that I don't even want to think about but I finished it. What it comes down to is that I've learned that running alone sucks, so if I can run with the club during 1 workout and on Saturday mornings then that leaves only 1 run a week that will be lonely. I feel like I can manage one lonely run a week. It's also becoming apparent that just as those first 2 hellish nights at home with the kid are a fuzzy distant memory so will this returning to running period. I'm holding on to the hope that a few months out, I'll be running and finishing entire workouts and no longer complaining about it. OK, we can be honest, I'll always be a complainer, but at least I'll be a bit better with the whole running thing.

Miles run today: too exhausted to count.

No comments: