Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 recap

2012 was a year of limit testing.  Can I finish a 70.3?  You bet your ass I can, with a 13 month old waiting for me at the finish line.  Following that triumph I spent the summer and fall enjoying a quicker speed and PR's in many shorter distances.  It was a year spent trying to see how much I could pack in.  Can I do 2 70.3's in 1 season...that'd be a nope.  What about breaking 2 hours in a half marathon....nope to that as well.  I'm a stronger athlete because of all I've accomplished over the last year.  I don't know where 2013 will take me, I'm still hesitant to toss anything substantial on the training calendar.  A new work schedule means I'll be back at track...looking forward to the social aspects of this only.  Also gives me hope for some increased speed and maybe a crack at a sub 2 hour half next fall.  It's doubtful I'll race any 70.3's this year so instead have thought about an Olympic distance.  Lets be honest in addition to the badass feeling when you have survived the swim and then later when you cross the finish line tri's are great for keeping up a respectable beach body.   My yoga practice which is slowly taking up an ever growing part of my life helps to keep all of this in balance, and helps to pull me back to center when I'm pissed about a poor workout or a naptime gone awry.  Regardless of the workouts I log, the races I finish, the poses I strain towards...I plan to do it all while having a good time with my family and friends along the way.

Ran 4 miles today.

No comments: