Sunday, December 2, 2012

1 Month in the bag

Week 4 of half marathon training is complete, hit 21 miles this week.  It was one of those weeks where I just slugged through the miles and there wasn't much quality....taking that as a sign that I need a recovery week and will go ahead and take one.  Will also aim for a quality speed workout since that didn't happen this week.

Part of my issue is scheduling.  I'm being a whiney bitch about the colder temps.  It's most convenient to run first thing in the morning but temps have been hovering in the 30's, I'd rather go in the afternoon but that interferes with nap time.  I could bring him somewhere else for nap time but then my magical 3 hour nap morphs into a 60 minute nap and that's terrible news.  I can't go post nap b/c I have to leave for work at 4:40.  And oh by the way I didn't win Powerball so am not a half billionaire and can't afford a babysitter 4 afternoons a week at nap time.  Can we move to a more moderate climate and then my problems would be solved?  Please.

Mon - Off
Tues - 5 mile tempo 8:39 pace - Trainer workout
Wed - 2 mile run
Thurs - 4 mile run
Fri - Off
Sat - 3 mile run
Sun - 7 miles at Lincoln Woods at 9:40 pace

Ran 7 miles today

No comments: