Thursday, November 29, 2012

Spoke too soon

Remember the other day when I talked about the light at the end of my running week...just 2 more 5 mile runs and my long run?  Well that didn't happen.  Yesterday I got distracted, fully intended on a 5 mile negative split workout.  I got 2 miles in and gave up, I've been working on an xmas gift for the kid (table and chairs) and decided that some sweat equity in that dept would be more enjoyable.  Not that I'm a very good carpenter but I could seriously give up my career and do stuff like that.  Sunday morning I picked up a bunch of 1x3's and only a few hours later I have a fairly respectable looking kids furniture set.  I really only have room in my life right now for one hobby though so the carpentry and running are battling it out.  Today the running won and that's only b/c the kid has a friend napping in the playroom.  Yes, I have a playroom...I'd never admit it except that I LOVE having my living room back.  Sometimes at night I can almost pretend a kid doesn't live there, until I step on a hotwheel while going to refill my wine glass.   Anyways my workstation is directly below said playroom and it would just be playing with fire; the treadmill was the quieter nap time activity.  Realizing that yet again my mileage is all over the place I ran easy today.  Tomorrow I'll be off, Saturday will be a 7 mile run and Sunday I'll go with repeat miles on the blvd.  If I get all of that done I'll hit about 22 for the week and have no complaints.

Ran 4 miles today.

No comments: