Saturday, November 17, 2012

Will tempo for coffee

Joe headed out early with the kid for some quality Auntie time, leaving me with the great debate.  Do I stay in the bed solo, lounging forever maybe even reading for a while before heading for the longest hottest shower of my life...or hit the roads minus the jogger.  I'm not sure why I picked the second choice but was dressed in minutes and to ensure that I didn't bitch out, locked myself out of the house and ran to where Joe was.  On a brief sidenote, I'm happy to announce that I've returned back in the world of ponytails.  It's been several years, likely close to 6 or 7...but today I needed to cut a hole in my winter running hat to make room for the pony.  Yes, I know they sell these types of hats but I don't own one and needed to get out of the house before getting sucked back to bed.  2 workouts remained when I started, a tempo and a long run.  Only a mile separates the two and I had time for either.  I let the legs decide and didn't look at my watch till after the first mile, 8:46...tempo it is and away we went.  The only exciting thing to report that each mile was increasingly faster (8:46, 8:38, 8:28, 7:56) and I made it to the coffee shop before Joe left without me.  Overall pace was an 8:26 proving that I can tempo just fine without the dreadmill.  All that's left between me and the end of week 2 is tomorrow's long run and yes I will be sporting my newly fashioned ponytail hat.

Ran 4 miles today.

No comments: