Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What time is it?

We were totally planning on a run to the polls.  I had the route ready to go, was dressed and about to get the jogger out of the car when I noticed the temps.  28.  Yes, I could have put the kid's snow suit on, bundled him to the max and we would have survived.  But really, 28.  Nope.  Didn't happen, yesterday I was complaining about the 40's.  I'm so not ready for 28.  Quick change of plans.  Off to vote, and yes we were those people who took a picture of the kid in the voting booth during his first Presidential election.  We landed at the gym shortly there after.  Now I believed that I had 1 hour to get a quick workout in, shower and head to our 10am music class.  Bob said no to the treadmill but I'm not known for listening.  Since I had less than 30 mins on the dreadmill a tempo run it was.  I don't want to hear about how it means more on the street.  An 8:40 pace is an 8:40 pace.  And I'm happy to report I felt like I had at least another mile or so in me.  No time, off to the showers and to collect the kid.  Remember before when I said I had enough time for our 10am music class?  We rolled up at 9:50 and I was happy to be early...only to walk in and face the fact that our class is at 9.  It's been at 9 for the last month.

Ran 3 miles and rode the trainer for 61 mins

No comments: