Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tempo. Done. Trainer workout. Done.

I'm not sure what happened last night or the reasons for it but no one in my house slept much at all.  That's not true the reason that Joe and I didn't sleep was b/c the kid refused to sleep.  It was a protest against sleep the likes of which I've never seen before, it was ugly and loud.  Man, it was bad.  The only reason the tempo run happened was b/c I was still so mad about it we needed a time out from each other.  I'm not sure how we made it through music class but arrived at the gym still not speaking to each other.  Yes, I know Bob said to get off the dreadmill but as mad as I am at the kiddo, I'm not ready to brave the snowy drizzle with the jogger.  It was an uneventful 5 miles at a 8:39 pace.  And I should have gone home and napped during nap time but I'm really enjoying these #trainertuesdays workouts and knew it wasn't going to happen after bedtime.  The ride was tough after the tempo but it only took a few mins for the legs to loosen up.  So the good news is that I'm able to train with less than 4 hours of sleep. I'm also feeling ready to tackle tonight, thinking about going out to get some earplugs just in case...I keep telling myself that it can't possibly be that bad 2 nights in a row.  AND I only have 17 miles left to run this week.  IF I do a long run of 7 that means only 2-five milers left...meaning I can see the light at the end of my week 4 tunnel!

Ran 5 miles and rode for an hour

No comments: