Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Falling in love

A dangerous thing has happened, I've had too many evenings off of work and am quickly falling in love with being home in the evening.  I need to get over this affair as it's not currently in the cards but let me try to explain this:

Today I got out of work (almost forgot to mention that sun was still shining) and was home at the tail end of nap time.  We changed and hit the East Side for a run that was really more of a social visit with Fully.  I forgot how quick miles pace when you are chatting and don't have an eye on the clock.  Then a cool down ensued that entailed watching the kid laugh while he "walked" Chloe, watching your kid laugh with your friends is really something else.  Then we made it home, I cooked dinner with Pink Radio blaring full volume.  The kid sat on the counter munching on cherry tomatoes as I threw dinner together.  Nothing special but it was dinner at home, with all 3 of us at the dining room table.  To be clear dinner itself was loud, chaotic, and a bit of a mess but again it was dinner at home with all 3 of us.    Clean up and an attempt at adult conversation as the kid chased the dogs around the house with a fist sized school bus.  While Joe managed bedtime I hoped on the trainer for a workout via twitter.  Yep, via twitter!  Go find @frayed_laces and #trainertuesdays and join the fun.  I missed the 5:30 start time but got my workout in and enjoyed sharing in the pain!  Now the night ends with a glass of wine, the husband and our couch.  I love evenings off.

Ran 3 miles and rode for 59 minutes

1 comment:

Frayed Laces said...

Thanks for the shout out! Hope you can make it tomorrow!