Friday, November 2, 2012

Bob's way or no way

Funny how things come full circle, I started to train with Bob when I joined the club.  He's gotten me through all my distances and countless injuries, hung with me even when I started track work in sweats and tennis shoes.  The last 2 years or so I've stayed in contact but haven't trained with him...that all changes today.  I'm determined to come in under 2 and realize that I need someone calling me out and there is no one better but Bob to do so.  We were meeting for less than 5 minutes when he pointed out why I missed my goal: long runs too short, track work doesn't count on dreadmill, tempos too short, running too few days a week, and the list goes on.  All things I knew but needed him to say aloud.  So I've tried it my way, lets go with Bob's way.  Meaning 25-30 miles a week, 4-5 runs a week.  Long runs up to 14, I'm already groaning about this one.  Outdoor supervised track every other week, another ugh.  Negative split workouts and Lincoln Woods...I'll stop now becuase I'm already making myself dread it.  Up shot to all of this the paces I was hitting for my workouts solo were right on, so I was doing something right and a sub 2 is totally achievable.  Really I can't complain because I get all of this for free, yep, free.  Coming in only 2nd to the social aspect (can't count the friends that have come from the club), the coaching that comes with a PRMH running club membership is unreal.

Ran 4 easy miles today

No comments: