Saturday, November 24, 2012

Why a Feb Half?

After going to bed too late and waking up too early I wasn't that amped about today's run.  6 miles and the only bright side was it was going to be solo...sans jogger!  I'm still struggling with not going out too fast and thought that given how tired my legs are it wouldn't be a problem.  Wrong, pace should have been closer to 9:20-9:30 and my first mile was 8:53.  Rather than stress, I pulled my mitten over my garmin and spaced out.  I was really enjoying myself until the last 2 miles.  Not that I was struggling but the novelty of being alone wore off and the fact that it wasn't a leisurely pace was catching up to me.  There were some moments where I seriously considered throwing away the idea of a Feb half marathon.  No half marathon means no half marathon training means no long runs in the cold (yes, I know that today barely counts as a cold long run but with full tights and mittens it was cold enough). Ahhhh, but then I thought of eating and how much I love it and how much I hate the idea of ever dieting again.  Thanksgiving has come and gone with no weight gain, Veg-giving is here today and I'm not worried.  Candy canes, eggnog, brie, triscuits, spiced nuts, wine, lots of wine...these are all reasons why I'll continue to complain about all these miles while I'm getting them done all winter long.

Ran 6 miles today.

No comments: