Monday, November 5, 2012

Rethinking it all

So when I met with Bob to redo my training plan we spent a lot of time discussing childcare. I know, for those of you who know Bob just try to imagine it...it was humorous to say the least. Anyways I told him I'd work on getting coverage once every other week so he could yell at me as I run around a track for 45 minutes.  Leaving the rest of my workouts with the kid.  No problem, I can do this.  Nope, I was wrong.  All I have to say is Lincoln Woods.  Lincoln Woods x2.  Lincoln Woods x2 in 40 degree temps.  Lincoln Woods x2 in 40 degree temps with the wind.  Lincoln Woods x2 in 40 degree temps with the wind and the jogger.  Following me yet?  And oh, I forgot my gloves.  Is it really only the beginning of Nov and I've already started to complain about cold weather running?  The bright side to this is that my 5 mile workout was complete, I have 7 days before we go back there and next time I'll have gloves and yes likely the kid but I'm not going to think about it.  The kid was bundled up tight (lesson learned from a major parenting fail last winter) and enjoyed his cheerios with little more than a peep.  We have totally messed him up though..the poor thing has spent way too much time cheering at races as he now enthusiastically claps for all runners we pass.

Ran 5 miles today.

No comments: