Sunday, December 23, 2012

Change of shift

2 ear infections in 3 weeks and winter only just started, needless to say it's been a long couple of days over here.  This morning all we wanted to do was pull the covers over our heads and call for the nanny to take care of the kid...too bad we don't have nanny.  An hour later we found ourselves sprawled out on the sofas while the kid counted his cars and the debate started.  Do I go back to bed or do I run?  If it wasn't for the very tight skinny jeans I have planned for tonight I would have taken the bed option.  Now I'm getting ready for the gym and Joe starts to whine about needing a workout.  Is it my problem that he slept through b-ball this am?!?  I can't deal and scurry off to the gym.  A break from it all, no kids, no cars, no dogs, no cats.  I could have stayed there all day.  My run was a moderate workout.  Warmed up at a 10 min pace and after the first mile increased the pace every half mile til I hit an 8 min pace.  Held that through mile 4 and spent the last mile increasing my pace every 10th of a mile til I couldn't take it any longer.  Off the treadmill, a quick hello to a fellow runner who was also cheating on the dreadmill...I won't name names and back to the car.  Joe and the kid were at the coffee shop for a quick hand off.  Hello, good bye, enjoy your work out!  And off he went.  Fast forward to noon and everyone is back at home after a refreshing workout. Not the most exciting way to spend a Sunday morning but sometimes this is how we roll.  

Ran 5 miles today

No comments: