Wednesday, November 13, 2013

1 day out

I won't lie, today started with high expectations. I had really hoped (foolishly) to be pain free. And although I woke up feeling good and it was the first morning in several weeks I wasn't wincing while making it to the coffee pot, the day ends surrounded by icepacks. Part of the problem is that my stroller class went indoors today, it was only 29 at 9am, way too cold for the kiddo's to play while we sweated outdoors so we headed to Rhode Runner and got our asses handed to us. I saw the post on facebook and couldn't bring myself to like it b/c I knew the pain that accompanies an indoor class. Today's class was circuit hell, 5 mins at each station with 3 exercises each and I'm limited to spent the majority of the time in plank/boat/or doing push ups. As a result my arms are beat and I had trouble folding laundry tonight. Whining aside, you know I totally loved every moment of it. The best part was watching the kid attempt mountain climbers at lunch and push-ups at dinner! How's that for imitation?! Tomorrow I'm off as I got pulled from the pool and will go back to class on Friday. I do plan on discussing with the doc the idea of swimming and not kicking, just using the pull buoy the whole time. Again it'll kill my arms but get me back in the water sooner than his 3 week plan. Somehow I'm not sure this doc fully understood what he got himself into with me.

No comments: