Monday, November 11, 2013

26 week update

I've done a fair amount of complaining lately, and I promised to try and enjoy this more the 2nd time around. Fail, I'm sorry. As far as updates go, I'm rounding the corner to 26 weeks. The baby belly is large enough now to hit the ground during pushups. A very humorous sight when my 2 year old is perched on my back at the same time. It's all about preparation. Weight gain is at 23lbs, still much better than last time. This is always a touchy subject with preggo's. I do know that I'm eating better than last time and working out more than last time. All that said I do think there is only so much you can do about this. Your body is going to do what it needs to, regardless of your plan, at least that has been my experience. Luckily I've reached the point where much more than a few bites results in rib pain so there is still hope that I can keep the weight in check. We don't know gender, decided to hold out of the big surprise. Joe thinks it's a boy. The kid and I are both on team pink, there is no way a little boy would cause me so many problems! Names are an ongoing debate and one which we have decided to no longer discuss until we are in the delivery room. The pubic symphysis pain is still there but as previously discussed I have a pain management plan and treatment strategy. Tomorrow I'm off to the chiropractor and am anxious to report my experience! Our house remains a construction zone. The only sane thing to do once finding out you are expecting is to tear the house into giant renovation projects. Luckily we have good friends who have coached Joe through this and we hope to be put back together in a few weeks. You know where I'm at with exercise, still getting out there. We did adopt a double jogger this weekend and it's terrifying. I'm not sure how I'll run with that, plus a toddler, plus a car seat, plus an infant...shit an infant! But I have enough to worry about that so I'll put those fears aside for now. Bigger fish to worry about! As far as prepping the kid for what's coming, we've been talking about the baby. He'll tell you all about it and knows it's coming in Feb and that we have to go to the hospital to get it out of my belly. He's also quick to point out anytime he hears a baby crying, all of that said he has no idea that life as he knows it is going to come to a crashing end. Poor guy. So that's where we are at. The good, bad and ugly of it all. Completed fitness in the park today.

3 comments:

Jose said...

I don't comment too often, but I always read your post. The wife and I never ran or went to the gym or worked out when the kids were young. We just couldn't imagine working that into the daily routine. Great job keeping at it!

The kid's life will change as he knows it. He will be a proud big brother :)

Pam said...

Haha! Right there with you. I am due in June. Thankfully my daughter is in a baby mode, loves to play with her dolls, loves the baby at daycare, so I am hoping this is not just a passing phase! I will be stopping in for inspiration... I have not been as fit this time around as I was with my first pregnancy but I didn't have the fatigue last time that I have this time. Pretty soon I am going to go back to early AM workouts and get back to normal. Good luck with the chiro!

smacedo said...

Thx Jose! Congrats Pam!!!