Wednesday, November 20, 2013

33 degrees at 27 weeks

Just last night I was complaining to a friend about my training envy. Seems like everyone I know is getting into training for some big spring races and it's killing me. I'll get there, and my challenges will have less to do with miles trained and more to do with hours slept and ounces fed. So you'd think that today I'd be totally jazzed at the idea of an outdoor workout in 33 degree weather. Not so much. Multiple issues here. First, my cold layers don't all fit so squeezing into a mix of alternatives was a challenge to say the least. Other issue is that of course today we figure out the the kid's snow suit is just a bit too small so we both looked like over stuffed sausages. Then the kid proved that he would have been better off if we had relocated to Austin, he was pissed the entire time. While other kids seemed not to notice the cold, mine pouted in the stroller and glared at me the entire time. Hello guilt trip. Don't get me wrong once we got going it did feel good and gave me a taste of what I've been missing. That and we needed the socialization, my advice to new moms is always the same...find a group and get out of the house. No I'm not a new mom anymore but I still need that group mentality. There is something about rolling up with mittens, scarves and goldfish tumbling out of your stroller and finding everyone else is having the same problems. That and there is bound to be someone crying louder than your kid. Update on the pain, things seem to have stabilized a bit. It's no longer getting worse and some days seems slightly better. If nothing else I have hope that this will pass after birth so eyes are on the February prize, just hanging on til then. I might even break the rules and dip my toes in the pool Friday am.

No comments: