Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gracious Running

As I headed out for 7 miles prior to our Thanksgiving feast, I focused on those things I am grateful for....  

I am thankful for comfortable running shoes, I'm not sure how people trained and ran for marathons without good shoes.  

I am thankful for running shorts that don't ride up, somewhat bizarre that on Thanksgiving I was out there in shorts and a t-shirt.  Not too many of those days left.

I am thankful for paved roads and wide shoulders, although I am still waiting for the running lane to be built which will be lined with the same material that they make tracks with, and only runners will be allowed on it, lights will automatically change when we approach intersections.  I'll stop now.

I am thankful for Gatorade, it has saved my life following some terrible long runs.

I am thankful for my anti-chafe stick, no need to elaborate on this one.

I am thankful for my felt lined wool hat from Bobs, who knew that when I purchased you 4 years ago, you would become a staple in my winter running ensemble.  

I am thankful for respectful drivers, three cheers that I have avoided collision!

I am thankful for Joe who continues to run along side me, even when I know he would rather be in bed.  

I am thankful for my running club, I am lucky enough to have found the best people in RI to run and train with.

I am thankful for my friends and family who listen to me incessantly talk about running, training and races.

Miles trained today: 7
Days till the Manhattan half: 59

No comments: