Saturday, November 7, 2009

We're back!

Today was the day, the first run post marathon.  Have to admit, was a little anxious going into it, were things still going to work correctly.  We started with the group from the Edge this morning, after a few minutes of catching up off we went.  The first steps felt great, it took no time to fall right into a rhythm.  I was tricked into believing this was going to be too easy, but enjoyed the first 2 miles.  Had a good pace and felt like my form was strong.  Then it hit, the quads woke up.  They were not pleased, not pleased at all.  It was a struggle getting up Gano St., just a wave of exhaustion consumed me.  Ran through it, at some point we have to get moving again, either that or I'm going to have to REALLY adjust my diet!  Got through a respectable 4.5 miles without compromising my form too much.  

It will likely take a few weeks to get back to a good base and work out all the kinks.  I'm supposed to just recover, not train.  Run just to run.  I have to admit I'm really struggling with this, and I know it's early.  It's taking a lot of self control to not just pick the next race and work on a training log.  God, I love the logs, sitting there with my book and a pencil after a run, figuring out how that run fit with the training, doing the math.  I'm going to work on taking it easy and get back to a base.  At this point regardless of the next race or the next distance my focus will ultimately be on avoiding injury.  We'll see how it goes....

Miles just to run: 4.5  

No comments: