Sunday, November 22, 2009

Possible unplanned PR

I don't do much that hasn't been pre-scheduled.  In a weeks time I have likely spent hours going over my schedule.  Everything is included, work, commuting time, runs, meals, socializing, sleep.  You name it and I have a plan for it.  This morning though, I had some unexpected free time.   What to do?  Joe was still in bed and didn't look like he was going to move anytime soon and the sunlight streaming through the windows made the outdoors look very appealing.  I thought about running, but hadn't planned for it and came close to deciding against it.  After a few minutes I changed my mind, "what the hell, lets be wild".  Mia and I got changed and headed out the door.

I didn't know what we would do, this was unplanned.  What route?  What distance?  Speed wouldn't be an issue with my 10 min per mile pup at my side.  We took off, and it felt great.  I'm not sure if it's because this run wasn't planned but we just went right along.  It was early enough that the roads were quiet, I assumed most people driving past me were headed to find some coffee or a Sunday morning breakfast.  We got a few looks, I'm sure Mia and I make a funny looking pair.  She runs directly behind me with the lease pulled pretty straight, attached at my upper arm.  I've checked out our shadow, both of us look straight ahead, no time for distractions.  Regardless before I knew it we were finished with our loop.  Judging by my watch, this was likely a PR for Mia for this route!  Congrats Girl!  

Miles trained today: 3.05
Days till the Manhattan Half: 63

No comments: