Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Feeling slightly better

It was one of those runs where the only goal was to cool off. I was livid, to the point where I gave consideration to punching a wall. They don't give good pain meds to pregnant women so that option was quickly ruled out. Joe's solution of a Jack and Coke carried the risks of fetal alcohol syndrome, so I found myself on the treadmill. My pace quickened and the TV was off, soon I turned off the light above me and had the music loud enough to hurt. I kept the pace quick enough that I was close to falling off the back, I needed to focus on the run and forget about everything else. Ever so slowly I found my breathing to be more controlled and my thoughts slowing. It was a quick run, that's all I needed. Just enough to regain my control and composure. Things returned to a normal perspective and I slowed to a walk for my cool down. Not 100% but at least now able to focus and no longer weighing the risks and benefits of property destruction, I'll consider this a success.

Miles run: 3

No comments: