Saturday, January 29, 2011

Half time

We have made it to the half way point and for quiet a while I have been focused on this milestone. During a rather terrible 3 miles this morning I wondered if it really meant anything. I'll be the first to tell you that a half marathon does NOT compare to a full, that is unless I'm trying to get you to register with me. Also during the 2 marathons I've completed I have never breathed a sigh of relief at the 13 mile marker, most will agree that the worst is yet to come (Hello Queeensboro Bridge and Central Park!). So has the worst of pregnancy occurred or am I doomed? Joe thinks that from an anxiety perspective the worst has passed, that might be wishful thinking on his part. From a comfort perspective I truly have no idea what's in store and don't even want to imagine, I should stop complaining about the baby elephant. On a regular run the half way marks the point where I commit to finishing, but again that would apply more to shorter distances. For the longer distances I have to get within 3 miles of the goal distance to commit to finishing. How does that translate? I'm not sure, I have no control over any of this. For today I'll bask the the glow of the half way point and not worry too much about what's in store for the coming weeks.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: