Monday, January 24, 2011

Training for the bladder and the legs

This is a big week, a MD visit looms on the calender for Thursday, including the dreaded monthly weigh in. So there is no room for joking around with the running this week. We got up and decided to hit the gym with the temps being as cold as they are. It was after a lowly mile that I found myself running off the treadmill, through the gym, down the stairs and into the locker room. By now I have accepted that most runs will be interrupted and plan accordingly. It was only minutes before I was back on the machine moving along. Not even a half mile later the feeling returns. I know I don't have to go, I've been 3 times already and it's barely 6am. My full water bottle sitting next to me, taunting me, no sips till we're done or I'll never get through this. Decisions had to be made. There is a mile and a half to go, so I did the irresponsible thing, I jacked up the pace and ignored the feeling. The whole time praying that my gamble would pay off, I'm not ready for any accidents! In addition to wanting to be done and go home, I have at least 2 more races on the schedule before June. Although there will be bathroom stops during these races, no race has a bathroom every mile or less. All body parts need to work together. The bladder needs to get a grip and the legs might need to move a bit faster than they have to get us done with the run. Or at the very least the gym could move my treadmill to the locker room so my breaks are faster.

Miles run today: 3

No comments: