Monday, September 26, 2011

Come on now, it's September!

Seriously, this weather is too much. One of the things that keeps me running in the heat of the summer is reminding myself that summers in New England are SHORT! June is never too bad, as long as you run off hours and by the time it's kind of nasty the month is over with. July and August are pretty awful for runners but everyone finds there own way. Part of it is acceptance, it's going to be tough but if you are going to compete come fall you have to just tough it out. Just about 8 weeks of summer running then September comes with the promise of gradually falling temps and drops in humidity. Now it's September and really it's the end of September, we made it and my expectations are being crushed. I should be out and running in the best weather; crisp air, a refreshing breeze and rewarding myself after with a pumpkin beer. Instead I'm out there in 80+ degrees and much too much humidity, the pumpkin beer is in the fridge and that's the only good part to this story. I'm over it, I'm ready to worry about if it's too cold to bring the kid out in the jogger. I'm ready to complain about starting with long sleeves and getting too warm. I'm ready for some nice fall feeling runs.

Miles run today: 3

1 comment:

Jose said...

I hate to admit it, because I LOVE summer, but I'm ready for nice cool running weather too.