Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome to my new life

Today marks the end of my maternity leave, although not that all that much will change. I'm lucky enough to still be at home during the day. But for some reason things seem more official today. Already, I've started to run later with the kid. For a while I would wake him up so I could get my 6 or 6:30am workouts started but that seemed like I was playing with fire. So our little fam all got up around 7 or so and breakfast ensued for all. Breakfast will be our only meal as a family so we are trying to be a bit more formal about it, although the kid continues to be clueless and our formality is a bit of a joke. As Joe left for work, the kid and I headed for the Blvd. My evening running days are long gone. I thought about skipping my run completely, I really hate running that late in the morning but I have to get used to this. The kid also has to get used to it, it won't be long before he can voice an opinion and I want him to enjoy these runs and expect them as part of our new daily routine. Thankfully the heat has broken so running at 8:30 or 9 isn't completely unbearable, I'm not sure what we'll do come really cold weather but like everything else I'll figure it out. So for the time being I'm that lady on the Blvd mid-morning running behind the stroller a far cry from the lady who would start 7 mile runs at 5am with my headphones blaring. Welcome to my new life.

Miles run today: 3

1 comment:

Amateur Author said...

and do you wave to everyone driving into work? hehe. Hope your first day back was awesome.