Saturday, September 3, 2011

trade off

My plants would be the first to tell you that some tasks have fallen by the wayside since the kid's arrival. Some of them haven't survived the first 12 weeks. I've worked hard for running not to go the way of my Christmas Cactus. So this morning we peeled ourselves out of bed and hit the pavement. It helps that the kid doesn't understand the concept of weekends yet and continues to follow his routine of a 6:30am wake up call. During the week Joe and I haven't been running together meaning that when either of us goes out with the kid we are stuck with him the whole time. Today was nice, once we hit the middle point of our out and back route I was able to free myself of the safety strap and pass the kid off to Joe. Not meaning too, I took off and left the two of them a ways behind. A man passed me and laughed, he had passed us earlier on the route when I was pushing the kid and must have looked a bit more unhappy. There is something to be said for trading off the stroller mid-run, after pushing 38lbs you appreciate the freedom of running solo. The key to this though will be to ensure that I run the first half with the kid and Joe always gets the 2nd half.

Miles run today: 4.5

No comments: