Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm fully committed

No, we aren't going to discuss my marriage, lets talk about my half marathon training.  I've been bored since the 70.3, we all know it...time to get over it.  I won't start to think about next year til Octoberish so I needed to find something to focus me over the next 6-8 weeks.  Drumroll please....the run 3 day a week half marathon program.  http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244--9369-F,00.html  Yep, 3 days a week and they say it basically gaurentees me a faster finish time.  I got nothing but time on my hands over here so lets put it to the test.  So I'm running a track workout, or a dreadmill workout in my case, a tempo run and a long run.  That's it no more, well there is the biking and swimming that still happens but that's it for running.  I'm aiming for a 2 hour finish at the Cape Cod Half, which would be a PR by 3 minutes.  I would say I'm confident about this, but really not sure that 3 days a week is really enough. But I'm too lazy and disinterested to come up with my own plan and I think it'll be fun to see what my results are.  So not only am I sticking to their workouts, but also the times they are recommending for me; it really couldn't be any simpler. Yesterday's run part of the tri counted as my 3 mile tempo run, should have been a 9 min pace but was a 8:45.  Today I went for a long run of 6 miles at a 9:40 pace, and I held it even when it felt a bit slow.  So we'll see what happens, I'll keep you posted if 3 days of running is enough to help me achieve a PR for the half marathon distance.

Miles run today: 6

No comments: