Sunday, August 12, 2012

training aimlessly

I don't know what the heck I'm doing and my training is showing it.  I've decided to bag the idea of a fall 70.3 and it's too early to start laying down the foundation for next years big race.  So now what?  I still have at least 1 sprint, maybe 2, on the calendar.  I've toyed with the idea of a half marathon in October to see what I can do for a finish time.  Regardless my training is changing from what I've done for months now.  I don't need to do the same volume, which is good b/c my work/life balance sucks currently so I don't have the same time that I had earlier this summer and spring.  I did take the plunge and purchased a heart rate monitor so am trying to figure out how to add that into my training tool box.  ALthough, I'm really starting to doubt my ability to understand everything that comes along with HR monitoring.  I know it will come and I'll get comfortable with it but man, it's like learning a new language.  As of now I'm trying to swim twice a week, bike 3 times a week and running 3-4 times a week, long runs are at 10 miles with the kid and long bike rides are around 30.  Trying being the operative word there, it hasn't been easy with more hours at work.  All of that said I do feel like I'm out there just logging the miles and not really paying attention to how I'm getting them done.  So if you have any good moderate distance races suggestions send them my way because I need a new focus....

Ran 10 miles with the kid today.

No comments: