Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Trainer boredom

So as previously discussed I only get to ride outdoors on the weekends, meaning my weekly mileage is all on the trainer and after too many months to count I'm over it.  I don't know if I'm over thinking my workouts due to my new heart rate obsession or what but man I'm having trouble finding the motivation to push hard on the trainer.  Movies and books pass the time but then I instantly drop my effort.  Workouts help to shake it up but I've done them all too many times.  I know the new structure in my runs is a factor, until recently the runs were all unstructured with the trainer workouts having much more structure and focus.  There are only so many sprints and intervals you can do in a day; I don't care if they are running or biking.  Tomorrow I'm not working at night so might try to take my Phat Whip outdoors for an albeit quick, but hopefully refreshing workout on the pavement.  Who knows, maybe it was just a bad day and a balance to the nice run workout I had prior to?  I should just go to bed and stop worrying about it!

Ran for 4 miles and biked for 70 minutes.

No comments: