Monday, August 20, 2012

Would you rather...

Would you rather shop for daycare or run a solo track workout on your basement treadmill?  I'd rather do neither and unhappily report I did both today...it's a hard call regarding which was worse.  The daycare shopping is not going well, we were lulled into the false belief since the kid is a big toughie now it would be easier...it's not.  We thought we had a plan, after a failed visit today we are back to square one.  I know that all parents struggle with this on some level but that doesn't really make me feel any better about it.  That and my OCD/Type A parts are insisting that I do nothing but perseverate on it, sorry to all my co-workers who have listened to my whining all. night. long.  So after an irritating morning I decided to punish myself even further by going down to the basement to hit the treadmill for some 400's.  So to be clear, it's been a good year since I've done any speed work and closer to 2 years that I've done any speedwork with regularity.  It only took 2 repeats before I stopped swearing about daycare and started to swear about running, so mission accomplished.  I'd love to say that I'm going to move out of the world of solo speed work on the treadmill to some real track work but that's likely not going to happen anytime soon.  I'm not about to try measured intervals on the road with the stroller but it would be nice if even on the treadmill I started to do some weekly speed work.

Miles run today: 4

No comments: