Saturday, February 6, 2010

Good times

I was in no mood to run outdoors this am.  It was colder than I had wanted (10 degrees) and windy (12mph).  Unfortunately I had no choice, I had talked to much smack about others who had wimped out of these runs.  Surprisingly we met a fairly large group at The Edge and when we started out we were with 7 other runners.  Everyone was chatty and in bright spirits, maybe because we had narrowly missed the 30 inches of snow that would have prevented this run.  There was a light snow that was coming down, but it was for more decoration than anything else, nothing was sticking.  After a mile or so Joe and I were on our own.  Things were feeling good, before we knew it we hit the turn around spot.  Heading back was going to feel much nicer, the wind was to our backs.  Not only did many members of our group show up for the run today, but there were many other runners out and about today.  Were people getting ready to overindulge tomorrow or just sick of their treadmills?  We it the car and when I pulled my watch out of my pocket I was shocked to see that we had hit 5 miles with a 10 min pace.  It hadn’t felt like we were pushing hard at all.  Are things starting to pay off?  I don’t know, but for today it was a great run.

Miles trained today: 5Days till the Chicago Marathon: 245

No comments: